This is a step by step guide for initial setup of your ReRum system. This should be performed by an administrator. It is important that you follow each step in-turn, as the previous step is a pre-requisite.
Click on each section heading to be taken through to a detailed description on how to complete it. If you have any issues at any stage, then contact your account manager or click the chat button within the system to chat with a support representative (as seen in the image below).
Stage 1 - Users & Team Setup
1 - Create Teams: Admin -> User & Team Settings -> Teams -> Add Team
- We recommend setting up a team for each department i.e. Reservations, Operations etc.
2 - Create Users: Admin -> User & Team Settings -> Users -> Add User
- Add users who need access to the system and allocate them to the corresponding team.
Stage 2 - Adding Apartments
1 - Add Regions: Admin -> Geography -> Regions -> Add Region
- Add regions that you would associate cities with i.e. West Midlands, South East etc.
2 - Add Cities: Admin -> Geography -> City -> Add City
- Add the cities where you have apartments available i.e. London, Birmingham etc. These cities are then associated with areas.
3 - Add Areas: Admin -> Geography -> Area -> Add Area
- Areas are used to group your developments and buildings under.
4 - Add Developments: Properties -> Developments -> Add Development
- A development may consist of multiple buildings, or just one. Where the development only consists of one building, simply name the development the same as the building.
5 - Add Development Images: Properties -> Developments -> Select Development -> Images -> Add Images
- Development images are used throughout the system in guest emails and the online booking engine, so need to be added.
6 – Add Buildings: Properties -> Buildings -> Add Building
7 – Add Unit Types: Properties -> Unit Types -> Add Unit Type
- These are used to group your units into different categories, based on type i.e. one bedroom, studio etc.
8 – Add Units: Properties -> Units -> Add Unit
9 – Custom Fields: Admin -> Templates -> Custom Field Templates -> Add Custom Field Template
- Custom fields can be added to any of the main data types in the system and will allow you to store additional information in the system that can be reported on or used.
10 – Add Roles: Properties -> Roles -> Add Role
- Allows the allocation of a role, e.g. plumber, electrician, cleaner, etc. to a Building or Unit.
Stage 3 – Finance
1 – Merchant Account Setup: You need additional merchant account numbers to take payments via ReRum and the Internet Booking Engine.
2 – SagePay Setup: You will need a Payment Gateway (like SagePay) to work with your existing merchant accounts. We currently only support SagePay as a Payment Gateway.
3 – SagePay Configuration: There is a specific configuration of your SagePay account required to work with ReRum.
4 – Add Nominal Codes: Admin -> Finance -> Nominal Codes -> Add Nominal Code
5 – Add Products: Admin -> Finance -> Products -> Add Product
6 – Add VAT Profiles: Admin -> Finance -> VAT Profiles -> Add VAT Profile
7 – Add Chargeable Extras: Admin -> Finance -> Chargeable Extras -> Add Chargeable Extra
Stage 4 – Operations
1 – Default ETA & ETD Times: By default, the Estimated Time of Arrival (ETA) is set to 14:00hrs and Estimated Time of Departure (ETD) is set to 10:00hrs. If you wish to change these let your account manager know.
2 – Automated Activity Configuration: Automated activities are created when a booking is confirmed.
3 – Setup Issues: Issues are the in-built help desk tickets for tracking issues internally or with guests.
4 – Activities: Activities are the in-built task management system for allocating work to internal team members or external contractors.
5 – Key Sets: Operations -> Keys -> Add Key Set
- Key Sets are used to group the keys that you have for different properties, identifying where they are stored.
6 – Stock Items: Operations -> Stock Items -> Add Stock Item
- Stock Items are the added extras that a client may want to have during their stay, i.e. car parking.
Stage 5 - Reservations
1 - Add Booking Terms: Admin -> Booking Settings -> Booking Terms -> Add Booking Term
2 – Add Reasons for Lost Bookings: Admin -> Booking Settings -> Reasons for Lost Bookings -> Add Reason
3 – Add Channels: Admin -> Channel Settings -> Channels -> Add Channel
- A Channel is a route through which you gain business, for example your website or a booking agent.
4 – Add Rate Plans: Admin -> Rate Plans -> Rate Plan
- Rates determine the price per night, minimum nights stay, and if a unit type is bookable or not.
5 – Add Options to Extend: Admin -> Options to Extend Settings -> Add Option to Extend