Prior to adding a new Building, you must first complete the following steps:
1 - Go to the Properties menu and select 'Buildings'.
2 - Here you will see a list of Buildings already on the system. Click 'Add Building'.
3 - Fill out all the required fields using the following brief summaries:
- Name - Give a descriptive name to the Building, e.g. Mayfair Plaza. This name will be used across the system and in Email Templates.
- Development - Click on the blue 'Lookup' button and, either by scrolling manually or typing in the 'Enter filter term' box, find the Development that the Building belongs to and then select it.
- Classification - Currently, the only option here is 'Managed', however, in future versions of the system we will support 'Network Buildings' (i.e. Buildings you do not own/manage, but still take Bookings for).
- Short Description - A short description about the Building, e.g. "Attractive four-storey Apartment Building constructed in 1983 with 48 Studio Units".
- Long Description - A detailed description about the Building as a whole, including what features and facilities it has, and also the individual Units and their Type.
- Directions - Describe how to find the Building, e.g. "Access the Building via Park Lane, with the main entrance being between Starbucks and the Park Lane Gallery".
- Address - Fill in the full postal address for the Building.
- Latitude & Longitude - These values can be found by typing in the address, e.g. Mayfair Place, London W1J, into https://maps.google.co.uk . Once you have entered and clicked 'Directions', the URL will change. Look at the URL. The Latitude value is first number after 'https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir', which is 52.4840493, and the Longitude value is the number after the comma, which is -1.903726.
4 - Once you have filled in all the details, click 'Save Building'.
5 - The Building you have just saved will now be added to the list with all the others that were already in the system.