Prior to adding a new Unit, you must first complete the following steps:
- Adding a Region
- Adding a City
- Adding an Area
- Adding a Development
- Adding a Building
- Adding a Unit Type
1 - Go to the Properties menu and select 'Units'.
2 - Here you will see a list of all the Units that have already been added to the system. Click 'Add Unit'.
3 - Fill out the required fields using the following brief summaries:
- Name - The name given for the Apartment will be used everywhere within the system to identify it. You could name it 'Apt 1', however it is advised to add a Building Code (e.g. MFP 1 meaning Mayfair Plaza 1) if you are going to have lots of 'Apt 1' names across multiple Buildings, as this may confuse the system.
- Management Type - This shows whether the Apartment is managed by yourself, or an agency.
- Unit Type - Click the blue search button and select the Unit Type of this Apartment, e.g. One Bedroom. You will notice that the Building has automatically been filled in for you, based on your choice of Unit Type, as well as the full postal address for this Building.
- Description - Provide a description for the Apartment, including its features and facilities.
- Cost Centre - Provide a unique three-digit Cost Centre Code. We recommend that you make this sequential, e.g. if the first Unit's Code is 001, make the second Unit's 002, and so on. This Code is used for tracking purposes using Xero Integration.
- Directions - Provide brief directions on how to access the Unit, such as how far from the nearest train station, which road it is on and also what the entrance is between.
- Primary Lock Identifier - This is used to identify which Key is the main one for the Apartment.
- Bookable - If you want, at any point in time, for this Apartment to be bookable then you must tick this box. If the box is unticked, the Apartment will not appear in any availability searches and will appear greyed-out on the Availability Grid.
- Sellable From / To - These are the dates between which the Apartment will appear in availability searches. Typically, you would set 'Sellable From' as today's date, and 'Sellable To' to 5 years from today's date. You will be able to change these dates at any moment in time.
- Sort order - This determines which order the Apartment will appear on the Availability Grid. If you input '0', it will appear first, if you input '1' it will appear second, and so on.
4 - Once you have filled in all the details, click 'Save Unit'.
5 - The Unit you have just saved will now be added to the list of Units that were previously added to the system.