In order to set up your Property portfolio, you must start at the top of the Property hierarchy and make your way down, making sure you follow suit in the correct order.
The Property hierarchy within the ReRum system is structured as follows (going top of hierarchy to bottom):
- Region - A part of the country which contains one or more cities, e.g. West Midlands, Greater London etc.
- City - A City that has one or more Areas associated to it, e.g. Birmingham, London etc.
- Area - A collection of Developments or an Area within a City, e.g. West London.
- Development - A collection of Buildings that are associated together, e.g. Hammersmith, Chiswick etc.
- Building - A physical Building that has its own address, and has one or more Unit Types associated with it.
- Unit Types - Types of Units that exist within a Building, e.g. Studio Apartments, One Bedroom Apartments etc. where each Unit Type is associated with one or more individual Units.
- Unit - An actual Apartment.