The following provides a step-by-step guide to configuring the ReRum PMS to work with Xero.com:
1 - Once you have created a Xero account (click here to do this if you have not already), provide Res:Harmonics with the login, so that one of the team can create an API key. You must be a Xero Administrator to perform this configuration.
2 - In Xero, add a new Tax Rate of 4% to be used for Room Stays longer than 28 nights. Tax Rates can be found in Settings -> General Settings -> Tax Rates.
3 - Click 'New Tax Rate', fill in the Details as shown below, and click 'Save'.
4 - In xero, create a chart of accounts entry for each of your Nominal Codes stored in the ReRum system. Nominal Codes stored on ReRum can be found in Admin -> Finance -> Nominal Codes.
5 - In Xero, the chart of accounts can be found in Settings -> Chart of accounts. Click 'Add account'.
N.b. You will need to use one Nominal Code, along with a unique name, to cover all aspects for that Code which may be listed more than once in the ReRum system.
6 - Repeat steps 4 and 5 for each Nominal Code that you expect to use on your Sales Invoices in ReRum.
7 - ReRum uses Xero's Inventory items for its Invoice line items (Products), and so you must create these items.
In Xero, this can be done by going to Accounts -> Inventory -> 'New Item'.
N.b. Create an Inventory item for each Product listed in ReRum (can have the same sales account). Item Codes + Item Names must match to the Nominal Code on ReRum, as this will then create a link with the Xero system. Each Nominal Code can only be used once per Inventory item.
8 - ReRum needs to be configured with the data from Xero, which will then allow the two systems to interact in the right way. In ReRum, go to the Admin -> Configurations -> System Configuration.
9 - Click on the 'Xero' tab.
10 - Click 'Edit System configuration'.
11 - The information shown under this tab should match the following set of data within Xero. Below is a breakdown of each field which will explain how to gather the information, as well as how to create a link between the two systems.
N.b. Each prefix must be followed by a '-' sign.
- Consumer key, Consumer Secret and PEM - Provide Res:Harmonics with a login, and one of the team will provide these details to the user to input.
- Cut Off Date - This is the date that you start using Invoices with Xero. The layout of the date will be displayed in the box but it should follow yyyy-mm-ddThh:mm:ss. E.g. 2017-11-15T13:01:01.
- Payment Account Name - This needs to match the bank account name in Xero. You can access these details in Xero via Settings -> Chart of accounts.
- Finance Account Prefix - This should be 'FA-' within both systems.
- Sales Invoice Prefix - This must match with the prefix in the 'Number' column within the Xero system. You can access these details in Xero via Account -> Sales -> 'All'. The prefix used for all Invoices can be seen as 'INV-', and so you should copy this into the ReRum system.
- Sales Credit Note Prefix - When creating a Credit Note within Xero, it should automatically generate a number, which follows the prefix of 'CN-'. Copy this into ReRum.
- Purchase Invoice Prefix - This box should be filled in with 'PI-'.
- Purchase Credit Note Prefix - This box should be filled in with 'PC-'.
- Import Payments Nominal - This needs to match the Code in the Business Bank Account. On Xero, go to Settings -> Chart of accounts -> Click on 'Business Bank Account', and then copy this Code into ReRum.
- Export Batch Size - Input '10' in this text box on ReRum.
12 - Once you have filled in all the fields, click 'Update System configuration', to complete Xero's side of the configuration that is required to get started.