On this page, You will learn how to lock your accounting period to avoid invoices being dated before a specified date.
- Navigate to System Configurations.
2. Select the Finance Tab.
3. Select Edit, then scroll to Account Period Open After and a date box will appear.
4. Select the specified dates you do not want invoices to be made before. Once this is done, select update.
Below is an example of what happens when you attempt to post an invoice which is before this date when this is set up.
1. I have made a booking before April and have generated invoices with a charge from and to date before 01/04/2018.
2. When I post the invoice, a message will appear stating that the invoice is before the accounting period is open.