Rate plans offer a quick and easy way to manage rates for multiple unit types and units.
Rate Plans typically represent a group of rates for a particular sales stream. For example, it is normal for a company to have one rate plan for their OTAs, and one rate plan for direct bookings, for example.
This article gives an overview of how to set up rate plans using our new rate plan builder. You can access the rate plan builder at: Admin>Rate Plans> Rate Plans (Beta)
Creating a Rate Plan
Title: The title will inform your staff if they ought to select this rate plan. It is also used when we are mapping your channel manager and your web rates! Ensure that you are as precise as possible- For example, “ Web Rates” or “Long Stay, Luxury Apartments”
Description: Include a description of the rate plan.
Notes: Include any notes
Booking terms: The booking terms associated with this rate
Effective date: The date that this rate becomes bookable on.
Expiry Date: The date that this rate ceases to be bookable on.
Tax Inclusive: Is the tax included in the rate?
Tax Profile: VAT included?
Web Description: Include a description to be pushed to your website (if applicable)
This will create the rate plan itself. Now, let’s create some rates!
Now that you have developed a rate plan, let’s create some rates. Rates are attributable to unit types level. Therefore, each rate is applied to each unit type in the system.
Once your rate plan is created, you will be able to add some rates to it. See the example rate plan below, for “plush apartments”
- Select “New Rate”, and you will be presented with the screen as below.
- Select the unit type you wish to apply the rate too.
- Name the new rate accordingly. It is advisable to add the unit type name in the rate name, and some short descriptive terms.
- Fill out the remaining information. Note the Accommodation prompt. This is related to products (a financial association) in the system. Select accommodation here.
Fill out other information as required.
Bulk Edit Rates
- Enter start date, end date (your season), include the amount you charge (per day), select minimum stay and customise by days.
- Scroll horizontally across to save.
- And you will then see the figures populate the calendar.
- To set rates on a particular day (e.g Saturday & Sunday), in this example, you would deselect the other days, and input the same information but with the increased rate.. For example:
- To edit a rate on a particular date, simply amend the rate on the calendar view itself.